The Vareille Foundation is delighted to announce that 2 schools in Toulouse have joined A violin can change the world.
On Monday, October 4, 2021, we launched the program by formally presenting violins to 64 children in their second year (Moyenne Section) at the Georges Bastide and Les Pinhous preschools. Both are part of the Grand Mirail education complex.
The ceremony included remarks by:
- Marion Lalane de Laubadère, Deputy Mayor for Education of Toulouse
- Hélène and Pierre Vareille
- Mickaël Nogal, Member of Parliament for Toulouse
- Mostafa Fourar, Chief Education Officer for Toulouse.
After they spoke, the violins were presented to the children, and the program concluded with a concert. Violin teachers Marie Cauchefer and Pauline Kononovitch played several short pieces,* rounding out the celebration with beautiful music—and even some dancing.
We wish all of our new students every success in their studies!
* Chopin’s Melancholy Waltz, arranged for 2 violins
Gavotte from Sonata No. 5 for 2 violins, by Jean-Marie Leclair
Czardas by Vittorio Monti