At the Vareille Foundation, we’re committed to protecting your privacy. If you have any questions or issues regarding the use of your personal data, please contact us, and we will be happy to assist you.
By using this website and/or our services, you agree to the processing of your personal data as described in this confidentiality policy.
Personal data – Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – Any operation or set of operations performed on personal data or sets of personal data.
Data subject – A natural person whose personal data are being processed.
Child – A natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us – The Vareille Foundation
Data protection principles
We are committed to respecting the following data protection principles:
- Processing must be legal, fair, and transparent. Our processing activities must be conducted for legitimate reasons. We will always consider your rights before processing personal data. We will provide you with information about the processing of your personal data upon request.
- Processing must be limited to its objective or purpose. Our processing must serve the objective or purpose for which the personal data were collected.
- Processing must use the minimum possible amount of data. We collect and process only the minimum amount of personal data needed for a given purpose.
- Processing must be for a limited duration. We will not retain your personal data for longer than necessary.
- We will do our utmost to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- We will do our utmost to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of the data.
Your rights to your personal information
Data subjects have the following rights:
- Right to information: this means that you have the right to know if your personal data are being processed, what data have been collected, where they were collected from, and why and by whom they are being processed.
- Right of access: this means that you have the right to gain access to the data that you provided or that was collected concerning you. This includes the right to request and obtain a copy of personal data that has been collected about you.
- Right of rectification: this means that you have the right to request the correction or deletion of your personal data if they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right of erasure: this means that under certain circumstances, you may ask us to delete your personal data from our archives.
- Right to restriction of processing: this means that under certain conditions, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to processing: this means that in certain cases, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data–in the case of direct marketing, for example.
- Right to object to automated processing: this means that you have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling, and the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. You may exercise this right whenever profiling may have legal consequences for you or affect you in a significant way.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to obtain your personal data in a machine-readable format and, if possible, by direct transfer.
- Right to file a complaint: in the event that we refuse your request for access, we will provide you with the reason for our refusal. Please contact us if you are unhappy with the way your request was treated.
- Right to help from a supervisory authority: this means that you have the right to help from a supervisory authority and the right to other legal recourse, such as a claim for damages.
- Right of withdrawal: you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data.
The data that we collect
Information that you have provided
This may include your email address, your name, your billing address, your personal address, etc. This information consists mainly of information needed to deliver a product or service to you, or to improve your customer experience with us. We record the information that you provide so that you can comment and perform other actions on our website. This information includes your name and your email address.
Information about you that is collected automatically
This includes information stored automatically by cookies and other tracking tools. Examples include information about your shopping cart, your IP address, your purchase history (if any), etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or view the content on our website, your activities may be recorded.
Information from our partners
We collect information from our trusted partners, with their confirmation that they have legitimate reasons to share that information with us. This may consist either of information that you provided to them directly or of information that they collected about you for other legitimate reasons. The list of our partners is as follows:
- Infomaniak SA, Carouge GE
We may collect publicly available information about you.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our service. This includes registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you, at your request, with promotional items, and communicating with you about those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and informing you of changes made to any services;
- To improve your customer experience; and
- To comply with a legal or contractual obligation;
We use your personal data for legitimate reasons and/or with your consent.
When entering into a contract or performing contractual obligations, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to identify you;
- To provide you with a service or to send or offer you a product; and
- To communicate about a sale or invoice.
On the basis of a legitimate interest, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To send you personalized offers* (from us and/or from our carefully selected partners);
- To manage and analyze our customer base (including buying habits and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of the products and services that we offer or provide; and
- To conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
Unless you inform us otherwise, we may offer you products and services that are similar or identical to those in your purchase history, or to your navigation on our website, in our legitimate interest.
With your consent, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To send you newsletters and promotional offers (from us and/or from our carefully selected partners); and
- For other purposes for which we have requested your consent.
We process your personal data to comply with our legal obligations and/or for other uses permitted by law. We reserve the right to anonymize and use the personal data that we collect. We will use your data outside the scope of this policy only in anonymized form. We retain your billing information and other information collected about you for as long as necessary for accounting purposes and to satisfy other legal obligations, but in no event longer than three years.
We may process your personal data for other purposes that are not mentioned here but that are compatible with the initial purpose for which the data were collected. In so doing, we ensure that:
- The subsequent processing is compatible with the objectives, context, and nature of the personal data;
- The subsequent processing must not harm your interests; and
- There must be adequate safeguards for the processing.
We will inform you of any subsequent processing and its purpose.
Who else will have access to your personal data?
We do not share your personal data with unrelated third parties. In certain cases, personal data concerning you are provided to our trusted partners to enable us to provide the service to you or to improve your customer experience. We share your personal data with:
Our processing partners:
- Infomaniak SA, Carouge GE
We work only with processing partners that are able to provide a sufficient degree of protection for your personal data. We disclose your personal data to third parties or government officials when we are legally required to do so. We may disclose your personal data to third parties if you have consented or if there are other legal reasons to do so.
How we secure your personal data
We do our utmost to protect your personal data. We use secure protocols (such as HTTPS) to communicate and transfer data. We anonymize and pseudonymize data where appropriate. We monitor our systems to detect any vulnerabilities or attacks.
Although we do our best, we cannot guarantee the safety of your information. However, we undertake to inform the proper authorities of any data breaches. We will also inform you if there is any threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything reasonably within our power to prevent security breaches and to assist the authorities in the event of a breach.
If you have an account with us, be careful to keep your user name and password secret.
We do not intentionally or knowingly collect information from children. Our services are not targeted at children.
Cookies and other technologies that we use
A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information used to improve website functioning. The only cookies we can access are those created by our website. You can control cookies within your browser, but refusing cookies may prevent you from using certain features.
- Necessary cookies: these cookies are necessary for you to use certain important features of our website, such as logging in. These cookies collect no personal information.
- Functional cookies: these cookies provide features that make it easier to use our service and let us offer more personalized features. For example, they may remember your name and email address in comment forms, so that you don’t have to reenter the information the next time you comment.
- Analytical cookies: these cookies are used to monitor the use and performance of our website and our services.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies are used to show you advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times that you see an advertisement. They are generally placed on the website by advertising networks with the permission of the website’s operator. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and share this information with other organizations, such as advertisers. Usually, targeting and advertising cookies are tied to site features provided by the other organization.
You can delete cookies stored in your computer in your browser settings. The following links show how to manage cookies depending on your browser:
We use Google Analytics to measure traffic on our website. Google has its own confidentiality policy, which can be found here. If you wish to opt out of Google Analytics, please install this browser extension:
Tél.: +41 31 322 4395
Changes to this confidentiality policy
We reserve the right to make changes to this confidentiality policy.
This confidentiality policy may be translated into other languages, but only the French version is binding.
Last modification made on 5/24/2021.